SOME THINGS ABOUT OUR TOURS
- In planning and arranging group tours, we work very closely with the schools concerned to ensure that we understand their exact requirements. We have international networks that enable us to liaise with South African and overseas schools in order to arrange sports fixtures and cultural activities, as required.
- For international flights, we mainly use South African Airways, British Airways, Virgin, Singapore Airlines, Emirates, Air France, Lufthansa, Qatar Airways and Qantas and are able, through the volume of business we do, to negotiate the very best fares.
- In putting together a quote for a school, we include virtually all the components of the tour, and specify anything that is excluded. Where requested to do so, we allow in our quote for free places for a specific number of group leaders. This is a widely accepted practice for the reason that these people, (usually teachers from the school) spend many months planning tours and then have the responsibility of looking after the group when they travel.
- Our price is presented as a per person globular amount for the tour package and we do not give a breakdown of this price. Obviously, our main source of income is the commission we earn on air tickets, accommodation and transportation. We also build in a fee to cover the considerable amount of work we do - on which we do not earn commission - in arranging the free hosting and billeting, plus putting together sporting fixtures and other activities, which is a standard feature of most school tours. These are often the aspects of a tour on which we spend most of our time.
- We operate out of our own premises in Howick, South Africa and enjoy minimal overheads. We believe this contributes to our prices being exceptionally competitive but are more than happy for schools to obtain alternative prices. It is essential in this regard to compare apples with apples as often one price will appear to be more favourable but, in fact, it does not cover the same tour components.